We’re looking for a Visual/UI designer to work with us on a contract basis.
Our ideal candidate specializes in UI design, especially where it intersects with visual identity. We’re looking for a designer with great aesthetic ideas, who thinks in systems and understands that good UI design is about how something works as much as how it looks. We offer a positive and creative work environment with a wide variety of design projects – the emphasis being on websites and applications. To get an idea of what you would be working on, take a look at our work.
- Visual design of websites and digital products through style guides, mockups and prototypes
- Working closely with art directors, UX designers and developers as well as other strategy and content related professionals
- Developing design patterns and visual languages from new and existing brand identities
- Building from wireframe prototypes to deliver high fidelity mockups for client sign off and developer reference
- Producing design solutions, as well as executing the solutions of others
- Working directly with clients
Required Skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years of digital design experience with strong understandings of UI and interaction design
- A strong portfolio of recent and relevant work
- Proficiency in UX design software (Primarily Figma)
- A deep understanding of graphic design fundamentals and how they translate to the web
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS fundamentals and web platforms
- A baseline understanding of general UX design (information architecture, wireframes, user research)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, which also show in your work
- A passion for solving problems
Great to have
- Experience working at a small design agency/company
- Identity design experience
How to apply
Please send your resume and portfolio and (preferably) a link to your work online to email@example.com
Pilot PMR believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, creed, disability, age, family status, marital status, or veteran status.
Pilot PMR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified and selected candidates taking part in the selection process.