We’re looking for a UX designer to work with us on a full-time contract basis.
We’re looking for a natural problem solver who understands that good UX design is about how something works just as much as how it looks. If you design solutions in terms of systems and take a human-centred approach, we’d love to hear form you.
We offer a positive and creative work environment with a variety of design projects, focusing primarily on websites and web applications. To get an idea of what you would be working on, take a look at our work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Researching the needs of users and other stakeholders
- Developing information architecture
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes, design specifications and other documentation
- Applying and extrapolating brand guides and visual design concepts into full-fidelity mockup prototypes
- Defining interactions
- Finding creative ways to solve design problems
- Collaborating with strategists, designers, writers, and developers
- Communicating screen designs, interaction models, end-to-end experiences, and the target audience to clients and other members of the project team
Skills and qualifications
- At least 3 years working experience in website UX design
- Proficient in UX design software (Figma) including prototyping and component techniques
- Good understanding of mobile and web platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to present concepts, ideas, and insights to the project team and clients
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS fundamentals is an asset
Contract term to be determined by start date and work project workload
This is a hybrid position. You are free to work remotely with the option to come and work at our office when it suits you.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and portfolio and (preferably) a link to your work online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilot PMR believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, creed, disability, age, family status, marital status, or veteran status.
Pilot PMR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified and selected candidates taking part in the selection process.