We’re looking for a UX designer to work with us on a contract basis.
Our ideal candidate specializes in information architecture and has a broad understanding of digital design. We’re looking for a natural problem solver who is more interested in designing how something works than defining how it looks. We offer a positive and creative work environment with a wide variety of design projects – the emphasis being on websites and applications. To get an idea of what you would be working on, take a look at our work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Researching the needs of users and other stakeholders to design elegant solutions
- Developing task flows and information architecture
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes, design specifications and other documentation
- Defining the right interaction models and evaluating their success
- Finding creative ways to solve UX problems
- Collaborating with strategists, designers, writers, and developers
- Communicating screen designs, interaction models, end-to-end experiences, and the target audience to clients and other members of the project team
- Comparing the user experience of existing properties and working to design better alternatives
- Keeping current with industry trends and competitor products, and communicating design prototypes and ideas to developers
Skills and qualifications
- Willingness to explore industry trends in technology and design with the entire design team
- Understanding product specifications and user psychology
- Conducting concept and usability testing and gathering feedback
- Good understanding of mobile and web platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to present concepts, ideas, and insights to the project team and clients
- Familiarity with information architecture and interaction design
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Proficient in UX design software
- Understanding of HTML/CSS fundamentals
Please send your resume and portfolio and (preferably) a link to your work online to email@example.com.
Pilot PMR believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, creed, disability, age, family status, marital status, or veteran status.
Pilot PMR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified and selected candidates taking part in the selection process.