We are looking for a front end/WordPress developer to join us on a contract basis.
Our ideal candidate is a generalist developer with a visual sensibility and a deep understanding of front end fundamentals. Beyond writing beautiful CSS, we’re looking for someone who is interested in solving real business problems with code. To get a clear idea of what you could be working on, take a look at our work.
- Building digital products like websites, micro sites, web applications, interactive visualizations and apps for a broad range of clients
- Maintaining code from planning to building through testing, deployment and updates
- Delivering either just the front end or the CMS portion of a project in collaboration with another developer, or delivering the whole project
- Working closely with UX and creative directors, designers, developers, and other specialists to estimate and deliver projects
- Motivated to learn about your craft
- Passionate about clean, maintainable code
- Interested in a user’s actual experience as much as code passing tests
- A visual thinker who cares about quality and design
- Obsessed with performance
- Confident in communicating your ideas and able to collaborate and discuss work with designers
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years’ working experience
- Ability to accurately turn prototypes and mockups into living interfaces and ask the right questions as they’re designed
- Deep knowledge of CSS and SASS
- Ability to work with common CMS systems and frameworks depending on the need – common platforms like WordPress or Squarespace, or spinning up a lightweight custom solution
- Comfortable with Git and the command line
- Experience with automation and build systems, ideally Gulp, Webpack
- An eye for details
Great skills to have
- Front end framework skills
- Headless CMS skills e.g., Gatsby
- Data visualization skills
- UI design
How to Apply
Please send your resume and some work samples to email@example.com.
Pilot PMR believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, creed, disability, age, family status, marital status, or veteran status.
Pilot PMR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified and selected candidates taking part in the selection process.