Pilot is a Story Design company. We apply the rigours of behavioural science and design craft to take brands to new heights. Our clients are organizations at crucial points of reinvention or growth, from public companies and institutions to independent businesses and seed-stage ventures. Since 2004 it’s been our mission to build brands that are good for people and profit. Story Design is how we do it.
We’re a small, but mighty, team of strategists, journalists, designers, and coders, and we’re in the market for one more – a designer to join our team full time.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced visual communicator who thinks deeply, is not afraid to get their hands dirty, and is comfortable working across media to produce beautiful and compelling experiences. They understand that the best design is a combination of art and science, and can connect meaningful creative ideas to business results. Specialization in a particular area such as identity design or digital design is a plus, but being a versatile multidisciplinary practitioner is a priority.
- Turn strategic concepts into compelling visual stories and design both directly and through collaborating with other designers
- Help determine media and design language to best serve creative and business goals
- Deliver breakthrough ideas to drive creative work both conceptually and visually
- Developing design systems and visual languages from new and existing brand identities
- Review and give notes on work
- Create and translate work across communication channels
- Interpret client briefs and requirements
- Coach and mentor fellow designers
- Present work to clients
- Scoping and pitching projects to prospects
Core skills & Experience
- Five to seven years of relevant agency work experience, including brand identity development
- Ability to drive the direction for a wide range of deliverables including digital campaigns, websites, print collateral, brand guides, reports and cross-channel experiences
- Strong print and digital design experience
- Strong time management, organization, and problem solving skills
- Experience scoping out and estimating design tasks
- Great communication skills both written and in person
- Experience presenting work to clients
- A close connection to design industry trends and practices
What We Offer
- Profit share
- Professional development allowance
- Health benefits
- A relaxed and supportive work environment
Please send your resume and portfolio and (preferably) a link to your work online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilot PMR believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to ancestry, citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation, genetics, creed, disability, age, family status, marital status, or veteran status.
Pilot PMR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified and selected candidates taking part in the selection process.
$75,000 – $85,000